Support worker jobs in Mackay
Looking for a flexible job with regular shifts and competitive hourly rates?
Support work is the perfect job if you want a second income and have spare time after dropping the kids at school, or in-between classes at TAFE or uni! We work out of Mackay, but if you are in surrounding towns like Bowen, Proserpine, Airlie Beach or Sarina we’d love to hear from you!
No experience? The good news is that you don't need any prior relevant experience for domestic assistance roles. If you love working with people and have a positive attitude, we could be a perfect fit! We can place you in part-time, casual, and full-time roles as a:
- Support worker
- NDIS support worker
- Domestic assistant
It’s as easy as calling us on 1300 769 155 for a chat, or you can apply online.
Apply for support work today!
Daily living, personal care and high intensity support
Each client will have different needs, but your typical day could include companionship, assistance with daily living, personal care assistance and transportation/community engagement. This includes supporting members of our veteran’s community.
If you have the training and skills, we also have clients who need high intensity support, either in their own homes or in a community health setting. Their support needs could include complex bowel care, enteral feeding, and tracheostomy care. We also work with participants who have more complex needs, including psychosocial disabilities. *Please note you will need the required training to provide this level of support.
Let’s now list some reasons why you should join the Alliance team!
Join us for flexible shifts and competitive pay!
Besides making a massive difference to people’s lives we give you:
- The chance to join a team of like-minded people, and have fun!
- The ability to schedule work around your personal life with flexible rostering.
- Competitive hourly rates + weekly pay.
- Opportunities for both casual and permanent positions, as well as full or part-time hours.
- Training & development opportunities, including free access to our online training.
Now you know what we offer, here is what you need to qualify for our support worker roles.
What this role requires
Screening and reference checks are all part of our sign-up process. These help to keep everyone in our community safe, and you can’t work until these are all submitted and verified. There are also other requirements you need to know about:
- You have a Police Check – completed within the last 12 months, paid Working with Children’s Check/Blue card, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Flu Vax, Covid Vax(or willing to obtain)
- Proof of identity (100 points)
- Many roles will also require you own, or have access to a registered and insured car, to transport clients to medical appointments and social activities in the community.
- You need to be willing to travel between client homes throughout your shift
- If you are working with clients that have more complex needs such as clients funded by the NDIS/ICare/HCP, you will need a Cert III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability or Community Care.
Alliance Community Mackay
Want to learn more or have a chat? Call our friendly team today on 1300769155
Level 1, 47 Gordon Street Mackay, 4740