Roles we hire


If you are new to support work here is some background on the roles we hire, and what is involved in your day-to-day.

As a national organisation with branches across the country, we can place you in roles near you, where you will have the support of a local team with a positive culture. These are casual, temporary and full-time jobs that can give you maximum flexibility, great pay and opportunities to learn and grow!

And if you don't have any experience, no worries! A big heart and the right attitude goes a long way, and we want to support you to live your best life and make a difference!

Want to start working asap? You can apply for support work today by calling us on 1300 769 155 or you can register your details online and we will call you for a chat.

Let’s look at the skills, attitude and requirements you need to be a support worker in the health, disability, or aged care sector.

Key skills and requirements for support workers

We would love to hear from you if you are:

  • Friendly with a positive attitude

  • Sociable with a passion for helping people

  • Patient and adaptable

  • Kind and empathetic towards others

  • Able to build a relationship with the person you support

  • Physically fit as some roles may require lifting

Depending on the role you will also have to meet certain minimum requirements, including:

  • The right to work in Australia

  • Hold a current First Aid Certificate/CPR certificate

  • Vaccinated against COVID-19 (where applicable)

  • Be able to provide 100 points of identity

  • National Police Clearance Check, or willing to obtain

Let’s now look at all the different types of support worker roles we hire across our branches.


Support worker

Support workers help people to lead full, independent lives, by providing practical and emotional support. This could be in-home or in a residential care home. Your clients could need support for variety of reasons, including a medical condition, mental health needs, a learning or physical disability. You will see these roles advertised as disability support workers, in-home support workers, aged care support workers or domestic assistant support workers.

We provide training and mentorship and help you to work towards a Certificate III in Support Work. These can include a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability), Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing). After that you can also further your studies for a Certificate IV in Ageing Support.


Disability support worker

Disability support work focuses on providing help to people living with complex physical or mental challenges. This could be in a dedicated care facility or in a client’s home. Besides being a companion, you are also an important source of social interaction and emotional support for your client. You will also be responsible for day-to-day tasks, like general housekeeping jobs, helping with personal hygiene, shopping and other errands.

You can study for a job in this sector, with the Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).


Aged care support worker

If you are providing support to our aged community, there will be a strong focus on companionship and providing emotional support. This is in addition to other domestic tasks like cooking and cleaning, making sure they take their medication, helping clients with their personal hygiene, shopping and other errands. You could also be asked to drive clients to health appointments or social activities in the community.

For some roles you could also be providing palliative care and wound management, which could require the appropriate experience, training or a qualification. If you are wanting to study for a job in this sector, you can enrol in the Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care).


Domestic assistance or domestic assistant support worker

Domestic assistance is all about making sure your client’s home is clean, including dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning kitchens and bathrooms and doing the laundry. This could be in people’s homes or in a residential care facility. This role does not require any formal qualification.


Registered or enrolled nurses

We also employ registered nurses (RN) and enrolled nurses (EN) in some locations. These roles will help service clients who have complex or high intensity support needs, either in their own homes or in a community health setting. This could include implementing a care plan for a range of conditions, like complex bowel care, enteral feeding and tracheostomy care.