Looking out for yourself and reporting illness
If you feel unwell, call the doctor. Tell someone you trust. Then please let Alliance Community know as soon as possible.
If you have trouble breathing, call an ambulance straight away on 000.
Be Informed on preventing the spread of coronavirus?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses. You should:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the bathroom.
• Cover your cough and sneeze with your elbow or a tissue. Dispose of tissues and wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• Clean the surfaces that people touch a lot like door handles, tables, handrails
• Social distance – stay 1.5 metres from other people when possible to do so, especially when out of the house
• If unwell, seek medical advice and avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 meters from people)
Keep us in the Loop!
Whilst we are reaching out to our clients more than ever, so we can work with you to ensure proper precautions for everyone’s safety, we encourage you to let us know in the case of any of the following:
• If you are unwell in any way
• If a family member or house guest is unwell or is isolating at home.
• If you or a house guest has had contact with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19, whether they have symptoms or not.
• Any concerns about your service.
Your Alliance Community Coordinator is your first port of call with any feedback or concerns and can also receive calls from families, friends or loved ones, too.
If you still have questions or concerns, you can also contact the Disability Information Helpline ( funded by the Australian Government) on 1800 643 787.